Sunday 4 December 2011

Our Christmas-y Last Weekend

Seriously.  Bogged down with blog posts.

I'm catching up!  I promise!

I arrived home last Friday (Nov. 25) after an eventful return flight, and a missed connection in Calgary, delaying my arrival in Yellowknife by one day.

The very next day, not only did my luggage, which took a luxurious detour to Vancouver, arrive in Yellowknife, but I also had to drop Eli off at the airport to fly to Ontario for a two-week work trip.

We were in the same house for less than 24 hours.

We are really going to enjoy settling back into our family routines this Christmas!
Before we brought Daddy to the airport to catch his afternoon flight out, we got some snow fun time! 
You see, while I was away on the East Coast, Eli bought a new toy. 
Eli calls it a beater, but this skidoo works like a CHARM in the cold climate.  It was a pretty good deal. 
(I feel inclined to tell you that the girls are on here for a picture only... we all wear helmets!) 
Just before Daddy left, Miss G made this elaborate picture for him.  It's her with Daddy.  He took a picture to keep on his phone. Take note of the hearts in the clouds.  Does it get any more cute?
The next morning, after church, we went to see Santa, who was rumoured to be hanging out in Walmart. 
The girls were pretty excited! 
I snapped this photo of them with Santa on my phone.  Isn't it amazing that my phone camera has better quality than my very first digital camera?  Ah, the high road...
This is the "official" picture.   I like Miss G's expression!
After a pit stop at home for lunch, we went to our church for "Deck the Foyer" where they have all kinds of Christmas Crafts set up for the little parishioners to participate in to kick off the Advent season. 
The girls started off beading, which is an activity they LOVE to do. 
Focused! 
Next, they cooperated and built an elaborate gingerbread house with some help from Mommy. 
I loved watching them work! 
The addition on the side was Miss G's idea (a garage for Daddy's car). 
There was also colouring, which is a true passion of Miss G's.  Her fine motor skills blow me away!! 
I'm not exactly sure what Miss A got into, but she was content and happy. 
A hit of a weekend. 
The gingerbread house did not survive the ride home.  In fact, it didn't make it out of the church in one piece.  But, never fear!  The girls were happy to take one for the team and eat it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the expression on G's face with Santa...he was a bit skinny don't you think? Must be the cold weather burning off all of the fat, haha! Also, A looks like a model in that last photo! Miss ya's and the girls were asking about your girls lately and loving scrolling through your blog. xo, Monique

Anonymous said...

Great blog as usual... Dad and I were pleasantly surprised to see it this morning, while eating breakfast. You sure keep those kids entertain... good job...!!! Mom.

Anonymous said...

It's a Polaris Indy Lite nit a skidoo :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...