Thursday 1 December 2011

Countdown to Christmas

This morning, Miss G was not feeling very good.  She's had a cough, and now says that her ear hurts.  So, we took a day off school to recover and fit in a doctor's appointment.

In the meantime, I thought it would be fun to get our Activity Advent Countdown ready.

I've seen them on all kinds of other websites, and the girls love the idea!

First order of business:  cut up some card stock paper and write an activity on each for each day until Christmas. 

I chose some intensive activities, and others that are more independent for my girls.  Balance!

Next, I wrote the numbers 1-25 on the outside of small envelopes in large block numbers with a black Sharpie pen.  The girls helped me colour them, because "Build Activity Advent Countdown!" was our Christmas Activity for December 1!
Then, I put an activity card inside each envelope, taking care to put the "easy" ones on school nights, and the "busy" ones on weekends and our week off before Christmas.
We hung it up with ribbon and clothes pins over the front window.

The girls are very excited about it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So funny I just put ours up today but haven't blogged it yet!!

Hope you have great fun :)

XO Auntie Kelli

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...