Sunday 4 December 2011

Our Nativity

Last Christmas, my mom had this super cute Nativity set.

I shamelessly asked to have it.

(And, she said I could have it!)

It's ridiculously cute.
It's a snowmen nativity set with Mary, Joseph, Baby Jesus, the Three Kings, one Shepherd, and one Angel.

ALL SNOWMEN.

My girls have a Little People Nativity set for acting out the Christmas story, but this one is irresistible to them.  I can't say I blame them.

Now, the ways I find the Nativity set up on a daily basis totally cracks me up, so I've begun photographing it.
Here, Mary is staying close to the manger, and everyone has joined in forming a nice big circle around Baby Jesus, who has the cutest carrot nose in all of Bethlehem. 
Baby Jesus is taking a nap while Mary, Joseph, the Kings and the Shepherd study art. 
(I think the Shepherd is whispering answers to one of the Kings.)
Meanwhile, Baby Jesus is having a dandy nap. 
(He's not in time-out here, but he has been, according to my girls... for being too loud and crying instead of using his words.)
On this evening, an even larger circle is formed around Baby Jesus, and Miss A is storing some chocolate chips she swiped from my baking supplies nearby. No better place to hide chocolate ships than with Jesus!
When Miss A. went to bed and I checked on the Nativity set again, it became clear that she intended to share with Jesus. 
I had to ask about this one. 
Miss G tells me that the Shepherd and two of the Kings were tired and wanted to take a nap with Baby Jesus. 
One King had to skip nap time, because of the large shark that came to the manger.
Hey.
It could happen. 
I think they are going the bunny hop past Baby Jesus here, but one can never be too sure. 
For example, I though that this giant snowman who has recently been added was Goliath or God. 
When I asked about him for this picture,
Miss G said, "Mom.  That's not Goliath.  That's not God.  It's a snowman."
Some days, your kids are smarter than you. 
No matter what, the girls do seem very focused on making Jesus the focal point, and that's the whole message of Christmas, right? 
At Gramma and Grampa's church, the manger is awaiting.  But, that doesn't stop the girls from rallying other children to dance to the Christmas carols! 
And, of course, bringing Kid Doggie and Patchy-Patch to see the manger. 
Inevitably, Miss A has decided that she is experienced enough to be a shepherd. 
Together, they tended the flock. 
I guarantee that if either of these girls get cast in a Nativity play as the Innkeeper, they are going to say, "YES!  I have room for you!" 
BAAA! 
Oh dear...  Patchy-Patch is a part of the Christmas Story. 
Hmmm...  This might be a Veggie Tale-inspired interpretation of the Christmas Story! 
What? 
Tee hee...  she is so cute! 
Uh-oh!  Has Pastor Al seen me? 
Seriously.  Cute. 
Later, Miss G sang the sheep to sleep with the help of Kid Doggie. 
She put her sissy to sleep, too. 
Shepherding... a viable future profession?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute! But seriously, do you read my mind??? I was going to post about my nativity sets!! I think I'll wait!! LOL! Pretty cute snowmen :)

XO Kel

Onegirlruns said...

i roared out loud at two parts. one - studying art. two - god the snowman. i nearly fell off the bed over god the snowman.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...