Wednesday 28 December 2011

Six Years Ago

Six years ago, it was a beautiful sunny winter morning in Miramichi.
I left the cabins early to pick up flowers, because I was getting married that day!
We got nailed with 90 cm of snow in the days leading up to the wedding.

There were some eventful travels to our wedding site.
Yup.  That's snow New Brunswick-style, baby. 
The evening before, at the rehearsal, I started laughing.

Literary individuals would call this "foreshadowing." 
We had a delicious rehearsal dinner at the Cunard.
Yum. 
I wore my cowboy boots to my wedding.

What?

There was snow!
It was festive, and fun, and the best party.
Remember the foreshadowing picture above? 
I busted a gut laughing during our vows.

I do that.

It's true. 
But, don't worry, I pulled myself together.
We danced.

I kept on laughing. 
We all danced.  And laughed.

  It was a memorable party. 
And, I'm so glad we chose to begin our family's life with a good old fashioned East coast par-tay.
Happy anniversary, Eli!

It was a wonderful day.  And, it's a wonderful life.

Best decision Eli ever made.

*wink* 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha...you are both so sweet and funny.... love you so much... Mom and Dad, from down east... xxx.

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary!!! And a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!! Looks like the holidays have been going well. Talk to you soon
Mw

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of you guys this morning! It was too early to call though. Happy Anniversary :) -Monique

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Can't believe this event was 6 years ago! Time flies when you're having fun!!! It was indeed a wonderful day and a wonderful decision!

Read your Christmas morning/day blog so I know it was "merry and bright"!

MM

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...