Sunday 11 December 2011

Turkey Lurkey

On Thursday, December 8th, I woke up to an early morning phone call because of a very special Turkey Lurkey.
My newest and beautiful niece, Miss E was born! 
She is too sweet. 
I swear, I can smell the new baby smell through the computer screen!!
WELCOME TO THIS CRAZY AND AWESOME WORLD, MISS E!
My girls' Unkie Bubba, my brother Brad, is the new Daddy.
He's Braddy.

As luck would have it (OR... am I forcing this theme??)... my girls had a Turkey Lurkey day at school on December 8th!
The entire school celebrated the festive season with a Turkey Lunch prepared by the Parent Advisory Committee. 
My girls ate lunch in the first eating shift.  Miss G sat with her classmates. 
Miss A was being a little turkey sitting with her preschool class. 
I had a free period just before our regular lunch period, so I was able to snap some pictures and help to serve the meal to the "Littles."  They covered the tables with paper and left out crayons, which was a great idea for my little artistes. 
Once the "Littles" ate, a group of the middle school kids swiftly cleared the tables and got it all set up for the second-half of the school to eat, the "Bigs."  They re-covered the tables and set out mandarin oranges and candy canes for all.
It really was wonderful to slow the pace down and for everyone to share a hot lunch. 
For some, this is the first festive meal of the season.
For some, this might be the best meal of the season.
Other schools that I have taught in have pulled this off with great success, too. 
Does yours?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmm.... mmm.... does that ever look scrumptious.... great looking Girlies, I must admit... miss you little pumpkins... Nanny and Papa send you loads of kisses and hugs...xoxo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...