Friday 21 October 2011

Pizza and My Busy Girls

Oh joy of joys!!

Miss A got her pizza on pizza day today, and I popped in at the beginning of lunch to see if she would eat it (you never know, you know...).

Well, it was a good thing that my class before lunch was near her classroom, or I might have missed it.

She gobbled it all down.
And, it was pajama day, too.  What a great Friday!

I've been a little preoccupied with work this week, and have been neglectful in my posting, so I'm going to recap what's been shakin' at our house and school.  I did have an awesome Fishing Culture Camp on Monday with my students, but I will not post pictures because those kids are not mine.

Last weekend, I taught the girls a new board game with a rolling die and capital and lower case letters. 
It's and Eric Carle ABC game, in case you are wondering.
They were pretty enthusiastic! 
Last night, Miss G systematically put ponytail holders on her stuffed animals to get them ready for "school," because that is what I do with the girls each morning to get ready for school. 
She was very thorough and created a stage with her Blanken hanging off her top bunk tied to Miss A's sheets.  It took quite some time. 
Then she invited them all to school and quizzed them on colours and letters.  They were very good students, but had to sit according to her sorting rule (big and little). 
Meanwhile, Miss A played hide and seek in the living room (here she is peeking at me under her table). 
This morning, before school, she drew this picture of her good friend at school Miss R, who has the same name as a boy buddy in Hammonds Plains who she loves, only it is spelled differently.  She loved Miss R right away because she thought that maybe Mr. R had come to Yellowknife disguised as a girl.  Now she understands better that they are two different people, and refers to them as Boy R and Girl R if distinguishing is necessary.

Yesterday, Miss R had a picture to give Miss G, and today, Miss G had one to give Miss R.

Miss R said she liked it, but that her sister was missing.  But she loved it anyways, and they declared each other best friends. 
In Miss G's classroom, I found her Bb Bat. 
It continues to impress me how I can pick out her artwork from the others! 
In Miss A's classroom, she made this pie plate spider web.  She has a bit of a thing for Spiderman (though she's never watched a show, but has some books), so this was very exciting. 
This is Miss G's masterpiece.
It is Five Little Pumpkins Sitting on a Gate.
Look at the detail in the faces and how straight she glued every fence post!  Above is a white witch, lots and lots of stars (we see them walking to school) and the moon. 
She can recite the whole poem with actions.  I have to video her next week!
Miss G's Rr rainbow.  A real favourite letter activity!  We all know she loves rainbows
Aa apple with a rainbow alligator.  They are the friendliest kind. 
Miss G's pumpkin 
Miss G's black cat

Now, I realize that Miss G's artwork is more heavily featured here, but she's been a busy Kindergartner!  Miss A has been baking and helping her preschool class turn one of the preschool rooms into a Haunted House, so she's been having a lot of fun, too.

Oh, and she had pizza today, too.

Before bed, Miss G helped me make bedtime pancakes.
Dressed as a doggie.
Complete with a tail.

Now, my girls are tucked in bed and are reading by the glow of purple Halloween lights and their favourite flashlights.

Happy weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome art work! I love the picture of A eating her pizza too! Thank goodness, eh Mommy? -Monique

Anonymous said...

Good looking pizza... m-m-m good!!! Lovely pictures, Genevieve. Keep up the good work...!!! Nanny.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...