Friday 7 October 2011

Gobble Gobble

Happy Thanksgiving weekend!

My little Mademoiselles were clearly busy at school making Thanksgiving-themed art.

Nothing says Thankful like a Turkey.
Miss G's Turkey. 
She tells me that her turkey is a girl. 
She does all her own cutting and gluing (and her name is printed beautifully on the back). 
She worked very hard on it!! 
She tried to lure me to her class in the middle of the day to see it. 
Miss A's Hand Turkey. 
She says that her turkey is also a girl (but not because Sissy's is). 
She gave her a smile because she is a happy turkey.
And a nose because turkeys should have noses, don't you think?
Miss G made this pumpkin-full of blessings. 
On the left is "my family,"
the middle is "Mommy walking the Miss G and Miss A to school" (check out my hair!), 
and on the right is Rapunzel's tower.
Gotta have priorities. 
Miss A added her thankful statement to the cornucopia of thankfulness outside her classroom. 
Eli and I saw it together and we both loved it.
This is Miss A's apple tree, which she stamped with a real apple.
Apparently, she loved this art project! 
This is Miss A's beautiful and thankful butterfly.

This morning at school, we had a school-wide Thanksgiving liturgy. 
Our parish priest came to read the Gospel and speak to the students. 

I was thankful for a school-wide liturgy (sometimes we have two separate ones with the Littles in one gym and the Bigs in the other), because...
I found Miss G while I was taking pictures! 
And, there is Miss A! 
The students contributed artwork.
Miss G says she made an apple for the "corn-u-po-pia" on the left with her classmates. 
She said the name as soon as she saw the picture.
I am thankful to have a pretty awesome staff (photo from our retreat last Friday). 
As a total side note, when I first saw our staff shirts, I thought they said "Justin Bieber."
They do not.
They say "Just Believe."
Justin Belieber.
Tee hee.
And, I'm very thankful to have a good buddy from university on my staff.
I got to spoil Danielle a little bit on her birthday this week with McD's for lunch.
Well, actually, I called Eli and had him deliver it.
Danielle was happy!  Happy birthday!! 
I am thankful that Eli gets to walk the girls home from school most school days. 
I'm thankful the girls like school.
Here, Miss A has appointed Eeyore as the teacher with Patchy-Patch, Elephant, Kitty Cat (who is really a chihuahua) and Ptarmy the Ptarmigan are the students.
The lesson is on Barbie fashion sense. 
I'm thankful the girls love to ride their bikes to get fresh air and exercise. 
This is Miss G's preferred activity when she is not colouring.
Or singing the "Days of the Week" song.
Or "If You're Happy and You Know it."
Miss A loves the "speed" she gets from coasting down the driveway.
Miss A also loves to say "Est-ce que tu peux m'aider s'il te plait?" and counting to 10 in French.
And I'm thankful for splashing in puddles. 
I'm thankful for the silliness of it all.
Miss A thought it was pretty hilarious to put on my new socks that came in the care package from Nanny and Papa. 
And, I'm thankful for my new camera to capture all these fine memories.
It's red.
I like it.
A lot. 
For future reference, this is my natural stance... 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the turkeys! Love the picture of A on the bike (I want to munch her face!) and love the new camera! It's SEXY! haha! Enjoy your turkey weekend!! -Monique

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...