Friday 4 November 2011

It's Mail Time!

This week, with Miss G being so under the weather, we had perfect timing for some special deliveries!
My cousin, Monique, sent a care package.  Special delivery! 
Check out the sticker action!
My girls admired the handiwork of their little cousins, who they miss terribly. 
They were so excited to rip into the package.  Even Twofour got in on the action! 
Sweet Little J made this for Miss A. 
And Little Miss S made this for Miss G. 
And Monique knows my girls well!  Tinkerbell fairies!! 
The girls were oh-so-very impressed. 

Now, I'm going to back up a moment.  If you follow along on Facebook, this might sound familiar to you.

On October 12th, Monique posted this on my wall:

I was at the mall today and something jumped out at me and screamed "Buy me for Shannon!" ...and so I did. :-D

By the time I got home from work, there were FORTY comments guessing what on earth she could have found for me.

This is an excerpt of how it went down:

My Mom: What is it... what is it... what is it?... I promise I won't tell her..... just put it on Facebook... she won't see it..... honest...!!!!!
Monique:  not tellin'!
My Aunt:  Is it bigger than a bread box? LOL
Monique:  nope
My Aunt:  If we guess will you tell us?
Monique:  sure! but you won't guess

My Aunt: Is it red?
My Aunt:  Is it something to wear? 
Monique:  not something to wear.
My Aunt: To play with
My Aunt:  Is it a book??
Monique:  no
Monique:  somewhat something to play with, but not exactly
My Aunt:  Will she use it at work?
Monique:  depends on what she's working on...lol
My Aunt:  A C.D.?
Monique:  nope
My Aunt:  Music cd
Monique:  uh-uh
My Aunt:  Is it black?
Monique:  partially
My Aunt:  and grey?
Monique:  no grey
My Aunt:  or silver
Monique:  no...seriously, you're not gonna guess it
My Aunt:  Well I can try. I guess all my Christmas gifts and others. LOL
Monique:  you're like a dog with a bone!!
My Aunt:  Can you eat it?
Monique:  no
My Aunt:  Can you read it?
Monique:  Shannon's gonna check her facebook and laugh! And no.
My Aunt:  Is it bigger than your hand?
Monique:  yes...you'll all have to have a guess. I'm gonna have to get the kids to bed soon. And yes.
My Aunt:  ok Will play later xo
ME:  HA HA HA!!! I just got home from work and this is a hoot. Thanks Monique!! I love it when things call my name and someone hears it. I know I'll love it because I love you!

So... here it is...
It's a black and white bunny salt and pepper grinder set!!  (You squeeze the ears to grind the salt or pepper.)
AAAAND!  They are magnets, so they stick on my fridge.  It's a triple-threat gift!
Monique also packed me some of my favourite enchilada sauce for my sour cream enchiladas and summer savory so I can make Nana's Acadian meat pies for Christmas Eve (and the weeks before and after Christmas, since I make a big bunch!). 
We also got to open a letter from Melissa's girlie.  The girls were each sent one, but Miss G's has not arrived yet.  They must have gotten separated in the cross-country trek to Yellowknife, but Melissa assured me that it would be safe to let them share.
Kids love getting mail!
STICKERS!!
It's a good ol' fashioned chain mail for sticker sharing!  Awesome!  And, what a great way to have our kids valuing snail mail with all this instant stuff going on, eh?  Thanks, Melissa!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! The girls loved seeing your girls open their "special delivery!" Glad you enjoyed it :)

Anonymous said...

We have the exact same pepper and salt shakers courtesy of Tyler. When he picked them out I thought of you too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...