Friday 26 August 2011

What I Do

I have a nightly routine that I do.

After the girls are tucked into bed, and I closed their bedroom door, I look at the calendar hanging on their door, and write what we've done that day in the block. 
 I know.  I sound a little crazy, don't I?

I've been doing it since Miss G was born.  I found it to be a good place to keep track of all those milestones (which are at such a rapid pace in the beginning), and it has stuck.  I love it, because a calendar page slips right into a scrapbook, and makes a nice memory keeper for the girls.

So, this week has been a little hectic with my return to work, and preparing for school, so I thought I'd look over the last week to see what's up.
 
SUNDAY: We took the girls to church in the morning (and they busted a move). 
Lena invited us over for supper and the five kids had a blast together. (Yes, there are only four kids in this picture... one moved when I pulled out the camera!) 
MONDAY:  The girls had fun playing on the computers in my classroom as I worked. 
Should I be concerned that the radio announcer specified the predicted low as PLUS 13?  (This is after the wagon ride home from school.) 
TUESDAY:  I worked in the classroom.  Eli and the girls had fun at home.  Lena and I went to a circum-arctic storytelling session. (I LOVE this arctic map!) 
Lena looking at the research posters on display. 
A Dene elder telling a story about hunting caribou in a meeting room designed in the shape of a tee pee. 
My new (replacement) Kobo arrived.  My old one broke, and they sent me a brand new one once I contacted them!  Talk about good customer service!
WEDNESDAY:  Eli watched the girls while I was at work, 
and took them to a park while I signed some paperwork downtown. 
Then, Eli went fishing.
 
Miss A loves to laugh her head off at Pluto cartoons.
THURSDAY:  I had mass and school meetings.  Eli used magic eraser to take some paint (from the fence... don't ask) off the boat and it worked!  A fire truck came by and the girls got to visit.
FRIDAY:  I went on a "drum" themed culture day with my school district.  (That's me in the picture cutting caribou hide to make a drum... more about that in the next post!)
Miss G wrote a "list" and read it to Daddy:
"I'm making a list.  It says eggs."
(She really wants some chocolate eggs.)
At bath time, Miss G asked Daddy to leave "so you doesn't boss us around."

That really means, "so we can splash, make a mess and have a merry ol' time."

We laughed pretty hard at that one.

Have a happy day, everyone!  We really enjoy reading your comments (we read them all!) and knowing that you are "close by" even if you are far away. 

2 comments:

DonnaMaz said...

Where on earth do you find the time guys??? Sheese..... I love y reading your post and even though I do not get to respond to all of them I sure so love them. Give the little ladies a squeeze for me and you guys enjoy the weekend.

PS.. Please "do" fill us in on the magic eraser story, I can only imagine because I buy those in bulk sometimes... ;)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Pretty neat how you helped make that drum...nothing like on hand experience right? Maybe you can be on hand the next time they build a teepee. Were the women with you co-workers of yours? So nice to see that you have connected with Lena and her boys.... glad you have family around.... makes your stay in "The Great White" that much more enjoyable.... Have a fabulous day... Mom and Dad...xo...!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...