Sunday 14 August 2011

From Eli's Phone Camera

Today, I sorted though pictures from Eli's phone camera. 

Not surprisingly, there were a LOT of boat pictures. 

And pictures of fish. 

And pictures of the girls. 

And a few of me.

This one, I gather, was taken at the West Edmonton Mall.  Little A is on Eli's shoulders, and is loving getting her picture taken in the mirror, because she can see it on the phone screen. 
Apparently, there is one photo to commemorate me paying off my student loans, and this is it.  Me, as grungy as I get, with my bottle of wine (we had not located the wine glasses yet), with Wilhelmina and Daphne in the background.  They were congratulating me. 
Check it out!  There's a cowgirl on that boat! 
Little G was so pumped to get on the water with Daddy's fast blue boat. 
Here, Eli caught Little A having with costumes from the tickle trunk.  Moo! 
There are two brown cows! 
I think this was Eli's first official fish as a resident on NWT.  He said hello, and put him back, because he was not big enough.  He had some more growing to do. 
Now, Grampa's fish was big enough to keep (and to feed us all!) 
Sweet A was pretty amazed by the big fish. 
Eli took a picture of me taking a picture of the fish.  Snazzy in my gym pants and slippers, eh? 
One of almost countless boat pictures.  Seriously.  From every angle.  I'm so glad he loves this boat. 
More fishing pictures.  Oh, and I just skipped a bunch pictures of of Eli cleaning fish and preparing the fillets.  You can thank me in the comments below. 
Eli's self portrait at the beach.   
Here I am helping Little A with chalk tracing. 
Sweet G checking out her long shadow.  It's always there! 

The rest of these pictures are aerial shots from Eli's work day trip to Rankin Inlet,  and Chesterfield Inlet, Nunavut. 

To help orient you, I've pulled this from Google Maps (thank you Google!).
The "A" marker is Yellowknife, NT.
The "B" marker is Rankin Inlet, NU
The "C" marker is Chesterfield Inlet, NU.
This is Chesterfield Inlet, NU. 
I asked Eli if he saw lots of sofas. 
He said, "What?" 
I asked again. 
He groaned.
See the airplane shadow at the bottom? 
Eli thinks this is looking back at Chesterfield Inlet 
(peninsula to the right). 
I see no sofas.
Eli and the crew dropped off gear. 
The guy picking it up had lost the truck.
They left the gear sitting on the side of the runway. 
Canada is a lot of water and rock.  Rock and water.  Eh?
This is approaching Rankin Inlet, Nunavut. 
Here, you can see the runway through the front of the plane. 
Bye, Rankin Inlet!  Eli says the pizza there was good. 



Isn't it cool how the clouds look like mountains in this shot?
The edge of the world... 
Look how the natural rock built a nearly perfect circle! 
Eli thought that the lakes were so interesting.  How some were clear, and others right next to it were muddy. 
Do you think that Eli was dreaming about fishing in all those lakes?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shannon. Glad to see you are "Up and blogging" again! Madison loves reading about the girls and it's neat to see what you are up to (literally "up" to) in the NWT! Glad to see you are settling in and not too homesick yet! Weather looks great and be sure to tell Eli we think his boat is very cool. Take care,
Michelle

Shannon Lee said...

Thanks Michelle, and HI MADISON! I told Eli that you like his boat. He's pretty happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...