Monday 22 August 2011

The Important Post


There has been a lot of sad news lately...
... whether really close, local and North, or national, its been sad. 
And when I get sad, I like to count my blessings. 
I have countless, really, but I start counting them anyway...
  
I remember studying tragedy in high school, and thinking to myself, why on earth would people write tragic stories and plays?  But, it's the full human emotional spectrum, and without tragedy, comedy and euphoria can't really exist either. 
  
A truth of human proportions.

 
And now, to the rhythm of Margaret Wise Brown's book, The Important Book (a favourite of mine), I bring you my blessings.

 
Blessing:  My girls
The important thing about my girls is that they are enthusiastic.

They play hard,
and they sleep hard,
 and they love to dress up,
and they have really only one volume: LOUD.
But the important thing about my girls is that they are enthusiastic. 

Blessing:  Eli
The important thing about Eli is that he is mine.
He loves his boat,
and he's the best Daddy to my girls,
and he's almost always right,
except when I'm right.
But the important thing about Eli is that he is mine.

 

Blessing:  My parents
The important thing about my parents is that they are always there.
They are amazing grandparents,
I get my looks from my mom,
and my hair from my dad,
and Mom makes the best date squares,
 and Dad loves his toys.
But the important thing about my parents is that they are always there.
  
Blessing:  My friends and family
The important thing about my friends and family is that they are awesome.
I miss them,
and they miss me,
and we miss each other.
But the important thing about my friends and family is that they are awesome.

 
Blessing:  My bunnies
The important things about my bunnies is that I love them.
They are fuzzy,
and cute, 
and they all have their own special little personalities,
But the important thing about my bunnies is that I love them. 

Blessing:  Balance
The important thing about balance is that I found it.
It can be tricky,

especially when I am a mom,
and I love my job,
and I love my friends.

But the important thing about balance is that I found it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was awesome, just like you :) xo

Anonymous said...

Hey Shannon! We do miss you but this blog is an awesome way to make the distance seem shorter!

love,
Michelle (&Scott & Maddie)

Anonymous said...

I am a little disappointed that I did not have my own section entitled "Mike - My Hero" :(

We miss you too, and can't wait to get to see you again soon!!!

Mike, Julie, Miley, and Charlee

Anonymous said...

You are very special to us too... as are you brothers...!!! Mom and Dad...xo..!!!

Anonymous said...

Love this!!!!

KareBear said...

Shannon....what a 'beautiful' and 'heartfelt' journal!!! We are all so truly 'blessed'. Thank you for sharing.

Aunt Karen xo

ps. 'Very nice photos.' :)

Anonymous said...

You little monkey...you made me cry !!! You and your little family are truly a blessing to all of us too...thanking you for making me take the time out of an otherwise busy evening to COUNT MY BLESSINGS !!!!!!!!!!luv ya's bunches..xoxo
Rosella, Herbie and Pepper..xox

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...