Tuesday 6 March 2012

I MADE SNOW!

Overnight, the air temperature was -40 degrees.

Without the wind.

Note that I did not say Celsius or Fahrenheit. 
It doesn't matter. 
-40 is where they both match up.
This morning, In my pajamas and down-filled coat (not my parka), to try a science  experiment that I saw done on You Tube about a year ago.
I mean, really... when you see an opportunity, you must take it!
I boiled a kettle of water and headed outdoors.
It was -35 degrees Celsius, at this point.
Later in the day we had a high of a balmy -25 degrees Celsius!  Toasty.
The boiling water, making contact with the Arctic-cold air, froze immediately .
I MADE SNOW!
Here is the video.

I feel very powerful.

Maybe I can control the weather?

Nah.  Probably not.

Oh, and might I just add...?
It's freakin' cold!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool...but I can't believe you actually wanted to make more snow....have you frozen your brain..hahahhahahahha....Rosella

Anonymous said...

You should totally send this to Peter Coade! Hahaha! -Monique

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...