Wednesday 7 March 2012

Chicken of the Sea

This post has very little to do with Chicken of the Sea.

Except that I will always love Jessica Simpson for asking if tuna is chicken or fish.

I mean, I'm not a big fan of reality TV, but that was a television moment that is unforgettable.

Even if it was scripted, it's absolutely hilarious.

OK.  Back to my reality.

Last week, just before school was dismissed for March Break (which, is two weeks long here!), Miss A's preschool teacher asked me if I would like to take care of the class fish for the break.

Miss A LOVES the fish tank, so of course I said, "Yes."

Well, Georgio the fish was caught in the filter a-la-Nemo on Wednesday afternoon when I went to pick up Miss A from preschool, and he didn't make it to Friday, but...
The preschool shrimp did!
So, Eli and I dutifully transported the full fish tank and two shrimp, named Mater and Piston, to our house in a warm car.
Often, Mater and Piston like to hide in the fish tank.  (This is Miss G)
So, when I clean the fish tank, the girls get up close and personal with the shrimp. 
Miss A with Mater and Piston, the shrimp. 
Love.
The girls just love the shrimp.
And, the girls love the fish tank with the filter. 
It's pink.
Miss G began to comment about how much she was going to miss the shrimp when they go back to preschool.
In fact, she started in on Daddy the Friday kicking off March Break. 
Daddy's initial response was, "No. No fish tank."

Then, it slid to, "We'll see how these two weeks go."

So, Mommy moved in...
On Monday, I took the girls to the pet store, and they each got to pick out one fish to keep the shrimp company.

Miss G's is on the left.  His name is Fishie. 
He is more black on top, and is very fast.
She was very specific that THIS FISH, at the pet store, was hers, so the man working at the pet store had to work very hard to catch Fishie.

Miss A's is on the right.  His name is Fishy.

You can laugh.

It's all true.

I can't make this stuff up! 
The girls have taken on the responsibility of educating the fish, and they take this very seriously.
You will notice throughout the day a variety of books (turned to different pages), drawings, and toys lined up for fish school. 
The fish (and the shrimp) are a captive audience. 
The fish LOVE the digital photo frame.

I'm not kidding you.

I am telling you, I can't make this stuff up.

They are always in this corner looking at the pictures (unless, of course, another lesson is being conducted in front of the tank by one of the girls).

Just keep swimming!

(Oh, and Daddy has totally buckled, and we are getting a fish tank at the end of March Break... and we're likely adopting two more shrimp.)

If you give a family a fish tank, they will get fish!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Shannon, you make me laugh!!! xo Auntie Annie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...