Thursday 1 September 2011

What We Did Last Weekend

Last weekend, Eli went fishing. 

I know.  You are all shocked.

It was shocking.

He wants me to feature some boat and fishing shots in this blog post, so get ready!
This is Eli's boat. 
We've called it Squishy's Butt
If you've seen Finding Nemo as much as we have you will find the name amusing. 
It's from two different scenes in Nemo
I could also call it Eli's Mistress
This is what it looks like from Eli's boat when he is fishing. 
He sends me these kinds of pictures all day from his Blackberry while he's fishing. 
Because, I care. 
Then, I tell him to email them to his buddy Serge or my Uncle Romeo. 
They actually care. 
This is Eli's boat again. 
In case you've forgotten it. 
Seriously. 
He has almost as many pictures of his boat with his phone camera as the girls! 
This is a fairly large lake trout that Eli caught. 
He thinks it is very important to send me pictures of his fish at all times. 
I've had to put a stop to photos of the fish once they are filleted. 
I cannot pretend to care about that. 
Oh!  Look at that!
It's Eli's boat!!
Had you forgotten what it looked like?
Well, here it is.
Again. 
This is a pretty massive beaver dam.
The girls do love getting photos of the beaver dam.
I think they are so amazing.
Industrious little flat-tailed beavers.
So diligent.
The girls just love to learn about beavers. 
This is one of Eli's pit stops. 
The views are amazing. 
So, last weekend, on Saturday, after Eli finished his morning of fishing, and I committed to one full weekend day away from my classroom, I drove the girls to Vee Lake to meet Eli for a family picnic on a remote island. 
We put-put-putted through the shallows of Vee Lake, and approached a very small canal which led to a larger lake, called Walsh Lake.  How do you like that, Melissa? 
How beautiful is that?
Can you see the leaves changing?
The girls love their life jackets, and I'm very glad that they willingly accept this all important boating safety feature. 
It's surprising how many adults we see boating without life jackets on, but Eli and I always have them on when we are on the lakes. 
With or without the girls, I'm glad that Eli is always wearing his life jacket or survival suit. 
They really do love Daddy's very fast blue boat, and like to wear their toques so their ears don't get cold in the wind. 
I had mine on, too, in the boat.
Eli docked on a beautiful rocky island, and we had a picnic lunch.
It was a great chance to connect as a family.
I have been so busy fretting about getting ready for school, and it was one of the first times we've had some good quality family time in about a week. 
The air was rather still, and it was a crisp autumn day, but so comfortable to be outdoors. 
Oh, would you look at that!
It's Eli's boat.
Again.
He asked me specifically to take this with my Canon camera.
For posterity sake.
Because, God forbid, we do not document his boat enough! 
The girls had a wonderful time throwing rocks into the lake once they were done their picnic. 
Miss G has quite an arm on her! 
Look at the focus! 
There's my guy.
Handsome, eh ladies?
You can look, but you can't touch.
Mostly, because I'm in Yellowknife, and you are probably far away.
Or related to me,
Or, well, he's Eli! 
Miss A loves to throw rocks, too. 
She gets so proud of herself! 
The clouds were awesome this day! 
My little ladies. 
Enjoying nature and the beauty of the North. 
There is no point in being up here unless we take advantage of all it has to offer! 
Eli got my camera and wanted a picture of his two favourite ladies.
Me and the boat.
Crestliner.
Starts with a "C."
Like "cookie." 
Then, he thought it would be funny to take pictures of my tooshie as I walked away. 
I gave him "the Look."
"The Look" is also know as "The Hairy Eyeball" by some in the teacher crowd. 
I kept going. 
Then I ran.
He says all men do this when armed with a camera.
I won't argue with it.
It is my experience 100% of the time. 
The girls wrapped up the island picnic with more rock throwing. 
And I packed up our lunch boxes. 
Then, I called the girls over. 
And, we piled back into the boat.
Both girls are very helpful at steering the boat with Eli.
He's a good Daddy. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There :) I am all caught up!!!

I look forward to "Mike - My Hero Vol II" This month :)


Miss you guys!

Mike, Julie, Charlee, and Miley

Anonymous said...

Great photos of the girls and you and Eli! where was the boat though??? ;)

So nice to be connected again and able to see! Yay!

I've painfully started sifting through daily backups on the hard rive and have made it back to March oof this year and have most of my files. Ugh with a capital U!!!!

XO Kel

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...