Saturday 17 September 2011

Autumn Pictures

My cousin Lena and I set a photo date a few weeks ago.

We had no calendar date in mind, but we planned to get family and cousin shots while the leaves were colourful, and before they all fell.

This can be tricky business with fast moving seasons.

This morning the weather was glorious.

So, I called Lena, and we arranged to get together this afternoon.

We can fit all five of our kids (plus the two of us) in her van, which is pretty freakin' cool and fun for the cousins, let me tell you! 
Plus, it give Lena and I extra time for chatting and cousin-bonding. 
Important driving conversations.
We drove out of the city to the beginning of the Ingraham Trail, and stopped at the day park by the Yellowknife River. 
The leaves were changing, and the sky was slightly overcast, for great picture-taking.
Miss G 
Miss A 
Mr. T, Mr. S, and my beautiful cousin Lena
Mr. S on the top of the monkey bars
Mr. T "hanging" around (I love these toothless grins!) 
Mr. D 
I thought this one was pretty cool.
See how the twins (Mr. D above and Mr. S below) look like they are attached or something? 
These boys are so much fun. (Mr. S) 
Mr. T 
The cousins (second cousins, but we don't count that sort of thing, if you remember from the First Auntie Once Removed post) 

Miss A and Lena 
My girls, Miss G and Miss A 
We finally got all three boys in position with Lena for a family shot
We got a great one! 
And then, my camera did THIS.

Aaahh!

Don't worry. 
It fixed itself...
AFTER I got home.

I tried everything out in the field, but clearly my camera wanted a time out.
Time to think.
Time to rest.

Don't we all?

So, Lena, let's make another date sometime soon!! 
I want to get some more action shots of our kids together!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...