Monday 26 September 2011

Evening Visiting with Gramma and Grampa

Gramma and Grampa came over to visit last night.

Just because we can do that.

It's a super-special perk of having family waaaaay up here in the North.

So, I whipped up some enchiladas (by Gramma's special request), and we had a jolly ol' visit.
The girls entertained Gramma with their silliness and charms.
Together, they browsed through magazines and looked at recipes and animal pictures.
Eli and Grampa bonded over pipes, discussing politics and-- no doubt-- the boat! 
Miss G created this masterpiece for Gramma and Grampa before bedtime.
I used the hearts to cover up her name.
Her penmanship is really beautiful.
I love how her letters are so "Miss G."
The drawing is of a bunny with two big feet and two small feet (like Twofour, our pet bunny).
This bunny is happy with a big smile and big happy eyes.
It has two ears on top, and she tells me that the "people" ears on the side are mistakes. 
I think they are charming.

The girls gave out bedtime kisses are were in bed by 7 pm.
Then, the grown ups tucked into the meal and enjoyed a movie.
Tangled by Grampa's special request.
I love how kids' movies are for grown-ups, too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my heart aches at how happy this whole post makes me! And yes, Tangled is a favorite in our house too! One of the only movies the girls will sit all the way through!

xoxo Auntie Annie

Anonymous said...

So nice to see the Girlies co-mingle with Eli's parents... We miss and love you... Nanny and Papa aka Mania and N'ernie... just sayen!!!

Anonymous said...

Very nice but I want to be there too ;) I think I need a night of enchiladas!!!!

XO Auntie Kelli

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...