Sunday 17 July 2011

Super-Awesome Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

DAY 9 on the Road to Yellowknife: 
Staying PUT in Saskatoon, SK  
Running total: 4327 km

Today was one of those perfect days!! 

We had a leisurely morning in the hotel, NOT driving. 

Then, because we can't resist, we went to Costco. 

My brother, Chris, by some wonderful chance was working just outside of Saskatoon and was able to take the day off to spend with us!! 

We were thrilled. 

Uncle Chris met us at Costco and then we went to Uncle Martin's house to spend the HOT prairie afternoon in the sun and shade.
 Shannon and Chris
 Uncle Martin had the kiddie pool all set up for the girls when we arrived.  It was so sweet, and the girls were eager to get wet!!  (It was 30 degrees.)
 Little "G" trying on some "bobbles," as she called them.
 Little "A" with the "bobbles."
 My cousin, Maureen, brought her little girl over to play (Martin's granddaughter) and the girls played wonderfully together. 

They are all less than a year apart.
 Uncle Martin kept us cool with adult beverages, ice cream sandwiches and pudding. 

YUM!
 Me and my girls with my cousin Maureen, her fiance, and daughter.
 We've never met as adults before... maybe once as kids, but we don't remember...
Thanks for coming to visit us while we were in town, Maureen!! 

Your girl is so sweet!
 The heat finally lured us to the air conditioned indoors (Uncle Chris was melting).
 Uncle Martin and Sweet "A" building towers and castles.
 Uncle Chris with Little "G" who had just had a meltdown from the heat, travel and time changes. 
That's a lot for a week! 

To get this picture, I yelled, "Hey! Mommy has a doggie on her head!" 

She looked. 

I snapped. 

Chris laughed his head off.
 Uncle Chris and Little "A"
 My Uncle Martin, Little "A" and her Uncle Chris
 We had a great time, and Martin was an exceptional host!

Me with my cousin Jennifer. 

We've never met before, to Martin's memory.

I'm so glad we were able to see you before we left, Jen!
A completely wonderful day for me! 

Thank you so much Chris and Martin for taking the time to spend the day with our family.

I believe the girls will remember it!

And... by request... (Ahem, Monique... thanks for the reminder!)

I'm the Map!  I'm the Map!!

Spoiler Alert!!!

We have a very super special family meeting us in Edmonton for our 2 night stay, and we are so excited!!! 

I'll give you a hint... 

The family has two cousins.  Our girls have yet to meet them!

5 comments:

Karen & RJ said...

Shannon, Eli, 'G' & 'A'.......So very happy to 'see' & 'hear' that you're having such a great 'adventure' on your way to your new home in Yellowknife. We are all enjoying your blog, photos & maps.....(thanks for the map reminder, Monique). Safe journey!!!!! xoxo K & RJ

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you weren't driving in the heat wave...eating ice cream and drinking beer sounds a lot better :)

Anonymous said...

Good thing you have me to keep you in line eh? ;) -Monique

Anonymous said...

Shannon and Eli thank you for your daily post. I was all ready to worry about you for the duration of your trip but you have taken care of that. I look forward everyday to see what you're up to. Glad you're posting the map also.....Aunt Crunchie xoxo

Shannon said...

I like the map, too! I'm really pleased I've kept track of the distance and route. I'll be able to turn this into a little memory book for the girls, later. I'll keep posting even once we've stopped travelling!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...