Friday 14 December 2012

Miss A's Christmas Concert

I was just looking at the girls' Christmas Concert picutres from last year, and my-oh-my they were cute!
But some of these ones... well, it's just too hard to pick a favourite year, and so I won't.

This year, Miss A was in the Preschool and Kindergarten Christmas concert, "Waiting for Jesus... Songs from theh First Christmas," along with my Kindergarten class, so I went from teacher (directing the class in song with gestures and my off key voice, but with loads of enthusiasm) to Mommy in as much time as it takes to get 26 kids off the stage and for me to get my big camera hung around my neck.

Daddy was away this week, and scheduled to land in Yellowknife a few minutes before the concert began, so above you can see Miss A searching the crowd for Daddy. 

She had just asked me, "Mommy, is Daddy here?"
He sure was, and I caught the moment with my camera when she first saw him.

She yelled, "Daddy!  You're here!" and waved to her heart's content.

It made her day.  I think it made Daddy's day even more.  And, Mommy was so happy to have the camera! 
Nanny picked out the Christmas dress (Miss G has the same one), and her white fuzzy boots totally complete the outfit. 
She sang, Candle, Candle with her class, but only the first two verses because it is the second week of Advent.

Candle, Candle
written by Mary Lu Walker

Candle, candle burning bright
Shining in the cold winter night
Candle, candle burning bright
Fill our hearts with Christmas light.
Light the Advent candle one
Now the waiting has begun
We have started on our way
Time to think of Christmas day.
 
Candle, candle burning bright
Shining in the cold winter night
Candle, candle burning bright
Fill our hearts with Christmas light.

Light the Advent candle two
Think of humble shepherds who
Filled with wonder at the sight
Of the child on Christmas night.

Candle, candle burning bright
Shining in the cold winter night
Candle, candle burning bright
Fill our hearts with Christmas light.

The other verses are like this:

Light the Advent candle three
Think of heavenly harmony
Angels singing "Peace on Earth"
At the Blessed Savior's birth.

Light the Advent candle four
Think of Joy forever more
Christ child in a stable born
Gift of love that Christmas morn.

Light the Christmas candles now
Sing of Donkey, Sheep and cow
Birthday candles for the king
Let the Alleluias ring. 
After that, they sang, The Friendly Beasts, as Miss G did last year.

The Friendly Beasts

Old English Christmas Carol
Written By: Unknown, Copyright Unknown

Jesus our brother, kind and good
Was humbly born in a stable rude
And the friendly beasts around Him stood
Jesus our brother, kind and good.

"I," said the donkey, shaggy and brown,
"I carried His mother up hill and down;
I carried her safely to Bethlehem town."
"I," said the donkey, shaggy and brown.

"I," said the cow, all white and red
"I gave Him my manger for a bed;
I gave Him my hay to pillow His head."
"I," said the cow, all white and red.

"I," said the sheep with curly horn,
"I gave Him my wool for His blanket warm;
He wore my coat on Christmas morn."
"I," said the sheep with curly horn.

"I," said the dove from the rafters high,
"Cooed Him to sleep that He should not cry;
We cooed Him to sleep, my mate and I."
"I," said the dove from the rafters high.

"I," said the camel, yellow and black,
"Over the desert, upon my back,
I brought Him a gift in the Wise Men's pack."
"I," said the camel, yellow and black.

Jesus our brother, kind and good
Was humbly born in a stable rude
And the friendly beasts around Him stood
Jesus our brother, kind and good.
 
She kept beat the whole time with her boots tapping. 

After the concert, families were invited back to the Kindergarten rooms to sing Happy Birthday to Jesus.
These are the cupcakes I made for my class.

My students helped me to colour the nativity set.
Miss A enjoyed Christmas rice crispie squares and hot chocolate with marshmallows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You caught the essence of pure joy with the expression on Miss A's face when she spied her Dad. It can only be described as 'perfect animation'!!!!

Oh yes..... Loved the white boots! Quite the fashion statement!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...