Friday 14 December 2012

Miss A and the Ledge

Christmas traditions are repeating themselves once again this year, and Miss A got to go to the Ledge this year to decorate a Christmas tree, just as Miss G did last year, and as every Kindergarten student in Yellowknife has done for nearly 20 years.

The tree decorating for Kindergarten classes at our school was last Wednesday, December 5th.

I had a chance to come by in the morning to wish Miss A a fun time, but I had to stay behind at school this year, because I had a Kindergarten class of my own to take later that morning! 
Daddy's work is very close to the Legislature building, so he was able to meet Miss A at the Ledge.  This was taken at 9:00 am, dawn... before sunrise. 
Miss A was very excited to see Daddy there! 
And, she was super excited to decorate the tree with her handmade ornaments! 
The kids all waited for their turn to put their ornaments on their very own tree. 
Squeak squeakin' squeak squeak. 
A Christmas mouse! 
And, a gingerbread man! 
He's very handsome, don't you think? 
How about this side? 
Daddy and Miss A posed by the tree, but it looks like the flash may have overwhelmed Miss A... of course, the snow was blocking the skylights, and daylight was just breaking, so a flash was necessary!  
Cheese! 
Oh.  There's the pout I know and love.

Miss A is an excellent pouter.

She is grumping because she missed a school day when I was sick (the worst stomach flu I've had since I was in elementary school!), and didn't have a star ornament to put on the tree.

She's kind of cute when she grumps. 
After Miss A's class decorated trees, I went to the Ledge with my class to decorate! 
Cheese! 
Of course, my teaching buddy Holly and I had to take a self portrait of ourselves on our field trip, too.  Merry Christmas!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...