Sunday 28 October 2012

Pumpkin Time!

On Friday, I decorated six pumpkins with my class... I forgot to take pictures of the finished pumpkins, so hopefully tomorrow I'll have some to share with you, because I think they are really great!

Eli bought me some pumpkins for my class, and the girls picked out their own pumpkins at the same time.
We promised the girls that we would carve pumpkins on Saturday, and we kept our promise. 

Miss G wouldn't let us forget, anyways! 

Can you see that is is night outside the window in the drawing? 

It is dark here a lot more, now.

On our weather chart the other day, Miss G asked me where the "dark" picture was for the weather. 

I told her that dark wasn't weather, it was more about time, and in Yellowknife winter means dark, and summer means sun.

She agreed, and settled on "snowing" for the weather, since that is a continuous state outdoors now, too.

We're already two weeks into one-piece snowsuit weather.
The girls helped Daddy scoop out the insides... a bit.

They decided that it was better for Daddy to do it because it is slimy and they had to keep stopping to wash their hands. 
They liked the seeds, and talked a lot about the "magic" seeds that will grow a plant and them a pumpkin... a great big one! 
Next, I drew what the girls wanted on each pumpkin...  all their own choice!

Daddy got the jigsaw out to save phalanges (that means "fingers," Nanny).  I wonder if emergency visits increase during pumpkin carving time.  Eric, do you know? 
It was a little noisy, but fun. 
The girls LOVED popping out the pieces! 
Here, Miss G is redrawing some details that got smudged off (I used washable markers, so we wouldn't end up with Sharpie on our carved pumpkins). 
To say that Miss G is pleased with her pumpkin is a gross understatement.

She LOVES her owl pumpkin, and so does her toy Owl. 
Immediately, Daddy got to work on Miss A's pumpkin.

She was so not going to let him do one, and hers the next day... So what if she has to stay up past her bedtime? 
Miss A still does not like loud noises, but she is able to cope with it. 

Power tools make pumpkin carving so much easier!!  I highly recommend it!
POP! 
Miss A drew this inside the pumpkin top, because she loves her pumpkin. 
Happy Halloween week, everyone! 
Pumpkin Owl and Pumpkin Kitty.

To be honest, I thought they were going to pick a dog and a giraffe, but I LOVE these ones!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...