Thursday 11 October 2012

Mommy's Classroom

My girls are so well trained at school.

When the bell rings, Miss G walks over to Mommy's Classroom to bring her backpack and outside gear (and usually Kid Doggie).

Miss A waits on the bench outside Mrs. F's classroom for me to come once all of my students have been picked up by their parents, and then she carries her things to Mommy's Classroom, too.

You see, the perk of having Mommy as a teacher is Mommy's Classroom, and all that comes with it!

Every Thursday, there is early dismissal for staff meetings and professional development.

The girls LOVE it when they get to stay in my room on their own on early dismissal days. 
I pack them a tasty snack, put on a movie, and they get to have fun.

Sometimes, other teachers' kids come to play, or the girls go play with them, and other times, they play on their own in my room.

I lock the classroom door from the outside, and they stay inside unless they have to use the washroom (right across the hall) or go to see the secretary in the office for help for very important things like for crayons or tape, and sometimes stickers or balloons.
After today's staff meeting, this is what it looked like when I walked in!!!

Costumes, stuffed animals, counters, chairs, craft supplies, everywhere.... They were so proud!!  I just smiled and took a picture...

While they were not "redecorating" my room, they were busy crafting and, apparently, watching football highlights on the television in my room!
Miss G made this turkey ALL on her  own. 
She was still working on it when I came in, and I was NOT allowed to look until it was all done.
Miss A made this butterfly. 
Isn't that a happy butterfly? 
It must be so happy to see the snow that has been falling this week!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...