Sunday 26 February 2012

Big Brother

Our wedding day was a very special day, for oh-so-many reasons.

The least of which was because it was the day I got to meet my big brother for the first time!

Holy wicked wedding gift, Batman.

And, no. 
I did not get two gifts the same. 
Nor would I ever ask to exchange him. 
Unique and wonderful.
Happy birthday weekend, Chris!
The days leading up to our wedding included a snow storm which dumped 90 cm of snow in New Brunswick, and which left poor Chris stranded in an airport waiting to catch a flight East.
My brother, Brad, thankfully went to the airport the morning of our wedding to pick up Chris and drive him to Miramichi with time to spare for the wedding.
He said he had no trouble whatsoever picking him out at the airport.
Resemblance?
What resemblance?
He got thrown right into big brother duties. 
And, met family (Hi, Aunt Julie!) 
He even bonded with my brand-new in-laws!  (That's Gramma!)
George and Peggy (Chris' parents), Papa and Chris 
Chris and his two old men (nudge nudge wink wink) 
Papa and his boys 
Chris is a busy worker.  I a-little-bit understand what he does, but I have to be honest... I hardly know what it is that Eli does at work.   
I do know that Chris is a hard worker. 
Chris is also a great Unkie. 
And, his nieces like to look at pictures of him and enjoy visits. 
And why not?  He's super-fun! 
And, he knows how to chill. 
Happy birthday, Unkie Chris!
I just thought I'd stick this picture in here... I look taller than Chris.
How did I end up with tall brothers? 
See?  I'm so giant, that I have to bend down just to fit in a picture! 
Oh.  Right.  It's the other way around...

Happy birthday big brother of mine!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post... Dad really enjoyed reading it and was also touched by it... he loves his kids... Mom.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...