Tuesday 4 September 2012

Sharing Mrs. F with Miss A

Miss A is an official Kinder.

This means that she has Miss G's favourite Kindergarten teacher (from last year), Mrs. F all to herself (so to speak) this school year!

Last week, I was busy doing the Kindergarten teacher thing, and Miss A was doing the Kindergarten student thing, which was pretty special.

So, last week, Miss A and Daddy came in for Kindergarten interviews, which is a chance for the parents and child to meet the Kindergarten teacher in a one-on-one visit before school really kicks into gear.

 I came down the hall to meet them for our interview time, and this is what I saw...
Miss A had been bugging Mrs. F for DAYS leading up to the beginning of school... she was so anxious to find out which hook was hers!

She brought Patchy-Patch and Yellow (the blanket) to christen the hook.
She was so happy to get Mrs. F as her teacher.  She's pretty special. 
"Did you catch that, Mommy?" 
"Mrs. F is mine!"
Then, Miss A had a staggered entry, which means that she came in on Friday afternoon, and again on Tuesday morning with half of the class. 

Tomorrow, Wednesday, is the first full day with all of the students for a whole day.

On Friday, I went down to Mrs. F's class early to wish Miss A a happy first afternoon of Kindergarten, and Daddy and I had a chance to read her some stories. 
I had to rush off again to meet my students, but it is so wonderful to have BOTH girls in my school.
At recess time, I found Miss A monkeying around! 
I think she's ready for Kindergarten, do you?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...