Saturday 22 September 2012

Autumn Family Pictures

I've been slacking... clearly...

I have no really good reason not to have updated the blog.

You know, except for having a full-time job, and being a full-time mom, and a full-time wifey, and a full-time Shannon...

Oh, I've played around with the layout of the blog a bit, too... it's more like a magazine, and you click on the story to read more.

I like it because I can scroll down on the main page and see the posts with a picture each.

Speaking of pictures, this has been a picture perfect day.
Not a cloud in the sky, beautiful and warm...

Aside from the deeply changed colours on the leaves, it was a lot like a summer day. 
The girls have been loving the leaves this year.

This is how Miss G decorated her top bunk.  I LOVE IT!

Last year it seemed that there was a big wind storm or something that pretty much destroyed any significant memory of autumn for me, and I was pretty grumpy about it.

But this year, autumn has arrived, and, sadly is on it's way out in a hurry.

I knew that if we did not get family pictures this weekend, by next weekend, the leaves would be down, and the opportunity missed. 
So, we drove down to Great Slave Lake, where the Dettah Ice Road will be built in a few short months, and I set up the tripod to snap some family pictures.

The sun, while the best feature of Yellowknife, does pose some challenges.

See Miss A's pirate look?  Aarrgh!

I can't even think about going outside without my sunglasses, which is why I forgot to move them off my face for these first few pictures. 
We thought it would be awesome to have something Yellowknife-y in the background, so we picked the boat houses! 
If you look closely, you can also see the ever-persistent, running on Duracell battery sand flies that LOVE to invade personal space. 
There you go, I finally remembered to snatch my sunglasses off, so you can see that I do have eyes!

Have I mentioned how cute the girls are yet in this post?

They are so cute!

Hello, Patchy-Patch and Kid Doggie... a family portrait is not complete without both of you!
Then we changed positions so the sun is filtering between the leaves of the yellow trees.

I have yet to find a maple tree up here.  I assume there are none, because I've looked.

Moving from Maplewood Subdivision, this was a bit of an adjustment for me last year! 
In this picture, the sun filtering was too much and bleached out the picture, so I zoomed in and adjusted some settings. 
Much better! 
Happy Autumn!

Oh Autumn, you really are my favourite season, and I'm glad you decided to visit me in Yellowknife this year.

I missed you.

Please, don't go.

Because I know what is coming right behind you. 
The girls also enjoyed scaring off all of the seagulls who hung around to watch our family photo shoot. 
The girls are expert bird chasers! 
Once we got home, Gramma stopped by with yard sale gold!

A Buzz Lightyear costume for Miss A! 
Oh, she was thrilled!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...