Thursday 23 August 2012

Greenhouse in Yellowknife

The girls and I have been putting in a few hours at school each day, so I'm not too rushed when school begins, and so that when Eli comes back from Inuvik and the girls are having long school days, we can have regular evenings without me being overwhelmed with start-up school details.

That's the plan.
I snapped these pictures earlier this week.

Miss G is nothing if not prepared, when we leave the house for the day.

Check out the backpack!  And, she basket.  All her lovely stuffies.
Miss A is excited to be biking to the school, too.

They love to play in the room, and explore the school.

Lately, other teachers' kids have been around, too, so they all play together in the gym, or on the playground, or crash my room for the toys, or come in to watch a movie.

It is so awesome to see how they all get along, and the "big" kids take care of the little ones. 
This week, we built a greenhouse on the school property, and since my room is pretty much set up I could help out for a few hours during the day.

The girls helped, too!! 
We got as far as we could one day, and tarped the greenhouse for the night. 

Here, Miss G is helping to spread out the tarp. 
And, of course, she wanted to check it out before it was completely secured for the night. 
Miss A wanted to have a sleepover inside!

I said, NO.

Oh, that's Papa sneaking out the other door.  

He came by after work to help with a few final touches for the day.

I'll keep you posted on the greenhouse.  We'll be planting some things with the students this school year.  I'm very curious to see how it weathers the Northern winter. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...