Monday 9 July 2012

Our Sunday Morning

This is my child.

I know this because I was there when she was born, and she is cute, and looks like me, and she has my fashion sense.

Who says the 80's are over?

We say, "80's rock!" 
This is my child.

She loves 'O's and milk more than any other food on earth, except for maybe fishy crackers.

And, not only would she love to have a dog one day, but really, she would like to be a cute puppy dog who can talk.

We compromise, and she wears this hat I made her (she has a tail, too), in the winter and summer. 
On Sunday morning, my Puppy Dog wanted me to trace her with chalk, so I did.

It was very important to get her ears in the tracing, and in this picture, she is asking me to add whiskers when I draw the face. 
Then, we each drew a butterfly.

She asked me to colour hers, and said that she would colour mine.

But, she got distracted. 
At first she was distracted as she watched me choose colours, but then she was distracted by Daddysaurus who came over to get in on the chalk drawing. 
You see, Daddy drew Miss G a boat.

I can tell you are shocked.

You are an obvious reader. 
Then, he drew guns on either side of the boat for my child. 

Miss G is aiming at a target on one side, Miss A on the other. 

See the orange guy on the top of the boat?  That's Daddy.

Daddy is the captain of the boat.

In fact, Miss G believes this to be a rule for life.

When she went on the boat with her Daddy and her Papa last weekend, she would not listen to Papa at all, and simply said, "Papa, you are not the boss.  DADDY IS THE CAPTAIN."

And, she would follow his every request with, "Yes, sir!"
Papa traced Miss A, and Miss A closely supervised him as he consulted her for colour selection and application. 
It was a very hot morning, so the girls asked to fill up their little pool. 
The hose is the best part, you know.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...