Thursday 12 July 2012

Bloggeversary

Today is my blog's bloggeversary.

Happy bloggeversary, by SHANNON LEE.

I began this blog on June 12, 2011, on the road to Yellowknife. 

You can read all about the monumental cross-Canada drive that started it all by clicking on the Yellowknife or Bust tab on the top of the blog anytime.

I have posted all the links to the trip in chronological order there.

So, what has a year done?  Well...
1. I have bangs. 
2. We discovered that working two full-time jobs with two full-time school girlies requires balancing.  AND, we did it!
3. Autumn and Spring do not exist in the North.  In fact, you might remember last summer about me blogging about Autumn in August (I was wearing a toque on August 20th last year on an evening walk).
4. The Northern sky is huge, spectacular, and unlike any other perspective in Canada.  I would say that it is my favourite thing about the landscape and climate up here.
5. The girls are happy where their little family is.
6. It's freakin' cold up here, and there is snow from September to May. 
7. Spring is sloooow coming.  The picture above is the first day of spring.
8. Northern means EXTREME... extreme darkness, extreme daylight, extreme coldness, extreme sun.
9. The Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) are worth living here for.  Period.
10. Eli loves his boat.  And, boats in general.



A few stats on the year... 

10421+ page views in one year (excluding my computers, for checking on formatting and the like)... wowsers.

The highest readership was at the beginning, peaking on our arrival in Yellowknife the end of July 2011, and again in December 2011 and March 2012.

Most of you read more when I was posting links on Facebook.  I'm not on there now, so I wonder if that is very inconvenient for you?

I've made 160 posts, including this one, in a year.

I've had web traffic from all over Canada, the United States, Belgium, Russia, the United Kingdom, Germany, Australia, Indonesia, Argentina and Mexico.

Thank you for reading!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Bloggerversary!!! -Monique

Anonymous said...

Happy bloggerversary!
These days when looking at the weather forcast in Yellowknife I realize summer is as good up there as anywhere! As for Spring, I'll never complain about the Nova Scotian Spring again!
Yes it was a little bit easier to follow you with the Facebook links.
I'm curious, anything you don't like about NWT? (other than the cold)
Julie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...