Friday 13 April 2012

We're Melting...

It's true.

The snow here is finally beginning to melt!

We are getting long sunny days (rising at about 6:00 am and setting at 9:00 pm).

And, even though it's about -15 degrees Celsius in the mornings, by the end of the school days, there are very big (and very cold) puddles of water from all the snow and ice melting.

Splish, splash, splosh.

In fact...
Look what we saw on our court on our walk home one day this week.

That's grass, baby!!

The girls yelled, "Grass!!  Mommy!  It's grass!!"

And, I said, "Yes! It's grass!!"

We haven't really seen the grass since early October.

Miss G asked, "Can you take a picture of us with the grass?"

I'd never been asked that before...

"Sure."

And, I did.

Then, Miss A asked, "Mommy, when is Spring going to be here?"

"Soon."

Miss G sighed and said, "I sure wish the snow would just go now."

"It is!!"  I insisted.

"Oh, yeah!!!" she agreed.

"But, it's going to take more weeks."

"Oh."

I hope you are appreciating any Spring you are getting now, too!  I know we are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor little Pookies... can't wait to hear that your snow is finally gone... they are craving summertime fun, with their bikes... I know Mom and Dad are wishing the same thing... Hot weather.... hurry up...xo.... Mom...!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...