Saturday 14 April 2012

Family Dance

My girls sometimes sleep in on school days.

It doesn't seem to happen that often on weekends, but that might just be me...

On Friday morning, Miss A woke up on time, and Miss G kept sleeping, so at about 7:20 am, I knocked on the door, turned on the light, and said, "Good Morning Miss G!  It's a school day, so it's time to get up."

She bolted up to sitting on the top bunk, and said, "Is it Friday?!"

Confused, a little bit, by her excitement, I said, "Yes." 

Usually she is most excited about Wednesdays because that's her Show and Share day.

"We're going to a dance today!!  No school for me," she announced.

I had almost forgotten about the family dance. 
But, I recovered quickly, and corrected her, "You are right!  The dance is today!  But, school is today, too.  So, we're going to go to school and play with your friends, then come home and have supper, a bath, put on a fancy dress, and THEN go to the dance!"

Miss G whooped, "Woo hoo!" and bounced down the ladder ready for the day.

After school, and supper and baths, the girls picked out their dance dresses.

They wanted matching ones.
These girls have some great moves, and they didn't really stop for the whole two hours! 

In fact, because the Family Dance attracts the littlest kids and their parents, I saw a lot more dancing at this dance than at the middle school dances I've chaperoned!
Miss A cut up the floor with her super awesome dance moves.
And, she loved dancing with Daddy! 
Miss A and all the kids from her Kindergarten class joined hands and looped around the gym over and over and over again. 
They were all so happy (and well-behaved!). 
They were happy to have Miss A join in with them, too, because she's awesome. 
They totally cracked me up. 
Fly, Miss A! 
When I bought our family ticket to the dance, I also ordered Miss A some pizza.

I don't think I've ever NOT ordered her pizza since my initial misjudgement at the beginning of the school year. 
Miss G asked me to pack a lunch box with her water bottle and some crackers for a snack at the dance, because she doesn't like pizza. 

She was so busy dancing that she almost didn't stop to have a snack! 
We had two cute and tired girls by the end of the Family Dance.
Totally fun.  Totally worth it!

The girls can't wait for the next one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome Shannon! I'll have to suggest that to our PAC! Looks like a fabulous time :)

XO Kel

and YAY! for grass showing!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Girlies... Looks like a very good time was had by all... little"A"s pizza looked very appetizing, although little "G"s crackers were probably just as delicious... Glad you all had a great time... Nanny...xo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...