Tuesday 10 April 2012

Easter Visiting

Easter afternoon, we went to visit Gramma and Grampum, and the girls discovered that there were more eggs hidden over there! 

Gramma asked them for some egg hunting help, and the girls were happy to oblige.
They sorted through the contents of the eggs, and then hid them over and over and over again until we left several hours later, hardly taking a break for supper. 
Grampum read Miss A The Cat in the Hat, using the voices Daddy remembers hearing when the book was read aloud to him as a kid. 
The girls also got to try a few notes on Grampum's piano.

I was still eating my cheesecake at this point, and sadly could not treat the assembled to my awesome musical abilities.

Well, actually, they were spared listening to chop sticks.

It was a very big piece of cheesecake, and I need some extra time to finish it, but I did. 

I defeated Mount Cheesecake.

It was delish!
- - - -


I'll show you a few other Easter crafts the girls made this year...

Each girl made a Resurrection set, which I found on this blog.  

They were asking a lot of questions, and this was a kid-friendly way to explain the Easter story. 

The girls used water colour paints to paint the sets, then I laminated them, and taped them with white electrical tape in the back.
Miss G came home from school with this on Thursday, before the Easter weekend.

Me:  Miss, G, what is this?

Miss G:  It's a tomb.

Me:  Oh.  Did you make it with Mrs. F.?  It's very nice.

Miss G:  Yes.  I painted it black.  Open it up.
Me:  Oh, wow.  Look at that.  It's a beautiful angel.

Miss G:  Thank you.

Me:  Miss G, why is Jesus not inside the tomb?

Miss G:  (Exasperated by my stupidity...) 
Mommy, Jesus is gone. 
The angel came in and yelled,
"WAKE UP!"
So, He did. 
I think He went to see his Dad in Heaven after that."

There's the Easter story, according to Miss G.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...