Monday 12 November 2012

Presenting...

When I called Eli in Winnipeg, after I discovered Twofour on Friday afternoon, he said, "But, Shannon, we need to have bunnies."

It's true.  The more I thought about it.  It is totally true.  I've ALWAYS had bunnies in the house (since my first apartment when I was 18, going on 19...).

We've never been bunniless, not even for a night, as we've usually had bunnies in pairs. 

Twofour's buddy, Scooter, did not make it to our move across Canada, and we didn't want to have a baby bunny make the long trek as one of their first experiences...
We'd had told ourselves at the time that we'd get a northern bun later. 

But we hadn't gotten around to it.

Eli was going to Edmonton for the night before flying home (flight times are a little weird, sometimes), so he said that he would look around in Edmonton for a bunny (selection and supply is limited in Yellowknife).
I told him to look for two.

(Picture drawn by Miss G.)

He did!
He sent me these pictures shortly after he arrived at the West Edmonton mall pet store.

Two bunnies, people!

He said he almost bought three.
He picked up this snazzy bunny carrier to make their flight (in cabin) to Yellowknife comfortable.

Apparently, he had to take the bunnies out at security and carry them, one baby bunny in each hand, through the metal detector amid an array of "aaaaawwwws" from the peanut gallery.
They arrived home on Saturday night. 
I picked up Eli at the airport and we got the bunnies home (our neighbour's sweet daughter was babysitting, and freaked out when she realized there were really live bunnies in the pink carry on bag).

They remained nameless until the morning when the girls were surprised by them.

The brown baby bun likes to have one ear up and one ear down (just like Thumper used to do!), and the black baby bunny is an excellent groomer (just like Hopper!). 

They are both super-smart and alert, respecting the litter training perfectly so far (I'm the Bunny Whisperer!), drinking out of their new water bottle, and eating their hay.

They are both boys, too (I've checked), which make my life easier.
Miss A named this bunny Periwinkle.  Who wants to name the inspiration source? 
Much to our surprise, Miss G did not name this bunny Rainbow Sparkle, but instead Ring (because rings DO sparkle).
The girls continue to miss Twofour, and have hung a photo of both Twofour and Scooter by the bunnies' cage.
But, they adore and dote over the new bunnies a lot.

It's been a long time since I've had baby buns!
Oh, Marsha, I was thinking of you when I took this picture. 
Check out the feet! 
So, the Circle of Life continues, and so does the Circle of Buns.

Gramma and Grampum were introduced to the snuggle buns last night.

Grampum watched me snuggling the the bunnies, and said, "I don't think the bunnies know they are in Bunny Heaven yet, but they are."

Bunny Heaven on Earth... you betcha!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...