Saturday 9 June 2012

Miss G's Kindergarten Farewell

Miss G is wrapping up Kindergarten, and her teacher, Mrs. F, planned a wonderful afternoon to celebrate the Kinders and all they've learned about cooperation and friendship this year. 
Miss G's class performed for the families in the school's band room. 
The kids were so cute walking in, in a line with their fancy clothes on.

I love how delighted Miss G is every time she sees me at school. 

She is positively thrilled and almost can't contain herself, and I eat it up.

Miss G picked out the birthday dress I made her last year.  She knows how to work it!
How cute is this picture with her little buddy whispering to her before they start to sing?
 I shamelessly sat in the very front row, and to my delight, Miss G was right in front of me. 

I think Miss G is destined to always be in the front row at concerts, just like her Mommy.

Clearly, we're camera hogs; it has nothing to do with height.
The students sang three songs for the families.

Miss G and I missed the first two because she desperately had to run to the washroom, so we hurried and came back in time for the finale.

It was the best song!
The kids sang, "Mrs. F Had a Band," and all the kids had different instruments to play.

Miss G rocked out on the Rythym Sticks, and others played drums, shakers and wooden spoons.

It was awesome!!

I toggled between my DSLR camera and the video camera, as I was on double duty (Daddy is on a fishing expedition with Uncle Emerson and Grampum). 

At the end of the song, on the video, you can see and hear Miss G say, "Mommy, clap now!  Put down the camera!" 

So, I clapped the loudest and cheered.

After that, Mrs. F had a wonderful slideshow of all the pictures from the school year, and the kids loved sitting at the front and calling out, "That's me!" and "Look, it's you, Miss G!"
I have to say that I totally cracked up at the expression on Miss G's face when she got her Kindergarten certificate.

I think it says:

"I spent a whole year in Kindergarten, and THIS is what I get?" 
Then, the celebration moved to the larger Project Studio, where the cake was set up, and Mrs. F had hung some of the Kinders' art creations for us to admire, which I did.

Miss G is wearing the new cross Mrs. F gave to each student to commemorate their Kindergarten year, and she loves it.
I brought Miss G back to the band room once everyone was in the Project Studio for a little Mommy photo shoot of my proud Kinder. 
She posed nicely. 
And, really let her personality shine through. 
We are very proud of her. 
Then, we did partake in some delicious cake and washed it down with ice cold water.  
Miss G loves Mrs F, and we are so happy she was Miss G's Kindergarten teacher this year.

She's the best Kindergarten teacher I've ever worked with!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...