Friday 15 June 2012

Miss G is SIX

Miss G woke up on her birthday morning (Thursday, the 14th) just a little after 7:00 am, busted into my room and yelled,

"It's my birthday!!"

and promptly held up one hand and a thumb on the other.

"Six," she nodded.  "Cool!"

Yes, I waited (picture taken about a month before Little Baby G was born).
And waited.  I had a big baby belly.
And, six years ago, 10 days past due, after about 13 hours of induced labour, and with an emergency c-section in the oh-so-very early hours, Miss G chose her very own birthday.
It took me just a little while to recover... Here, I couldn't quite hold Baby G because I was trembling so much from the anesthetic.
I think Nanny and Papa liked her right away.
And, why not?

She was freakin' cute.

She still sleeps this way, you know.

Arms above her head... hat on.
Monique was just a tad emotional meeting Baby G for the first time.
I may have had so many painkillers in me that I had no tear drops. 

I had giant swollen feet, though.
Ah.  Miss G and her Minnie Mouse.
She loves books, still.
Her first summer, we met lots of important people.
And took hundreds, thousands of photos.  Baby toes!!
Miss G's birthday was super special, and she loved it.
And, she has ALWAYS celebrated her birthday with her sissy.

Now, THAT is pretty cool.

Just like SIX, her new favourite number.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...