Monday 14 May 2012

My Mommy's Day

I got to sleep in on Sunday.

It was wonderful.

I made it to 8:30 am.

On Friday, Miss G came home from school with a pink parcel for me.
She was so excited!

She hid it under the couch, just like an eggie hunt.
She really really really couldn't wait for me to open it on Sunday.

"Please Mommy??

Open it on the Friday of Mother's Day!" 
The card was this cute little tea pot with a tea bag carefully placed inside.

So simple.  So sweet.

I had the tea on Mother's Day morning for breakfast. 
I could have picked Miss G's teapot out of hundreds displayed for me.

Her artistic style and attention to detail is just so "Miss G!"

"Look, Mommy, I made you a pattern with the hearts, circles and flowers around the big flower."

I know.  So cute.

And, look at the rainbow tea spout, and the flower planted on the handle, not to mention the top handle with all its detail.
She also made this card for me in Art class, and can proudly write LOVE on her own all the time. 

"Love" came right after "like," "unicorn," "Kid Doggie," and "puppy."

And, of course, all of those words came after the family names, including her last name. 
Mrs. F also had the students make this super cute hot holder with each Kinder's hand print.

Miss G's name is printed beautifully on it.

She made sure I hung it up right away in the kitchen. 
I think she loves giving gifts as much as getting them!

Miss A, on the other hand...

Well, she's so freakin' cute...

At preschool, the kids made mini cinnamon rolls for the Mommies.

She had carefully selected mine, and put them in a baggie to bring home.

I had to stay late at school on Friday to coach the sprinters on our Cross Country team.

By the time I got home, she had eaten them all!  Ha ha ha... 

This morning, Miss G woke up in tears when I announced the beginning of a new school week, with my "It's Monday!" sing song voice.

"Monday!!  Mommy, that means it isn't Mother's Day anymore!  I need Daddy!!  I need to talk to Daddy!"

She would not budge from the top bunk until Daddy was done his shower and could negotiate with her.

Apparently, she wanted to buy me something specific for Mother's Day, and Daddy had said that he would take her to the store to get said specific something.

But, yesterday passed, and we were lazy, and Daddy... forgot.
So, after school, Daddy and Miss G went to the store to buy me flowers!! 
And... a loot bag full of candy!

"Mommy, you need flowers and candy for Mother's Day. 
Happy Mother's Day that was yesterday!"

Mrs. F trains these kids well!! 
I think Daddy had some influence over the candy choice, with the Lindt chocolate balls and Swedish berries. 
Happy Mother's Day to all my awesome lady friends and family...

Mommy, Nanny, Auntie, Cousin Aunties, and Mommys-to-Be, and Mommy?-Not-Yets!...

Happy Mother's Day!

PS:  Since beginning this blog post, Miss G has enhanced the flowers with a drawing to place on the vase.
Kindly disregard how I carelessly left my wallet and glasses on the fishy table, and the rogue hair elastic. 

Oh, and that orange thing is Swiper's tail (yes, from Dora)... keepin' it real, just in case you wanted a little more proof that I'm a mom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does little "G" ever take a break from doing artwork? She amazes me... The vase looks so beautiful... and so does the pretty flowers. Daddy and her have very good taste. Speaking of taste, the candies look very scrumptious too. Little"A, you are one of a kind... would not want to change one thing about you...!!! Nanny would have eaten the cinnamon rolls too... heehee...!!! Love, Nanny.

Anonymous said...

Loved the recounting of your day! Sounds like a special one indeed..

In the joy of being a Mom!

MM

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...