Friday 20 January 2012

C.O.L.D.

It's cold up here.

I've been told,
"You ain't seen nothin' yet. 
This is a warm winter. 
Winter hasn't even begun."

Uh.  Thanks.

How comforting.
On Monday, this is what our front door looked like.

From the INSIDE.

It was -45 degrees Celcius with the wind chill.

You can imagine how excited I was!

Oh, well.

The girls have a different approach to surviving the Fozen Land.

Denial.  And, play.
One weekend, not so very long ago, Miss G created this "Ode to a Bun" picnic paradise for Twofour's snacking pleasure.  
Twofour thought it was grand. 
Miss G brought Twofour her Christmas singing puppies (in the red box... they bark Christmas carols, and will be out year-round... batteries have already been replaced once... or twice).

Of course, Fiver, the toy Mama Bunny, snuggled up, and the pet "walking" doggie in his cage came, too. 
Yes, the girls love Twofour.

And he loves them. 

And, why not? 

They keep him VERY well fed.


Now, Eli has ways to cope with the Frozen Land, too.

Often, it includes the snowmobile.

I know you are all sympathetic to him missing his Mistress, the Boat, during this very cold period. 

A boy must have his toys, you know.

Right.

Anyways...

Eli also promised me a DVD shelf for the living room, since our DVD storage solution in our house in Halifax did not work in this house.

So, one cold weekend...
TA DAA!   
The girls liked "helping" Daddy build it.

And, they supervised me while I painted it.

And, both girls were very enthusiastic to help us fill it up.

Please note the rabbit to the right of the shelf (still) eating carrots.

Best fed bun in the North!
I love the shelf. 

It is beautiful. 

It is eight feet tall, and I need a step stool to reach the top shelf.

Not that that matters. 

I need a two-step stool for most situations in my life.

For writing Math solutions and explanations on the middle school white board, for example.

(Another reason I miss teaching and learning with the Little Kids.)

Now, the big question is... where will I put any new movies I may buy? 

Oh, dear.


Anyways... back to coping with the C.O.L.D.

I will be thawing my fingers and getting back to more regular posts now that the routine of school is more settled.

Procrastination is a wonderful thing...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We live for your blog... so very entertaining.... how about encouraging Brad and Emily in starting one of their own?

Anonymous said...

I would like to have sympathy for you, but we went through the same hell this week!!! On top of it the well has been dead since Tues night and I am melting snow to flush toilets. Oh joy.

No wait, I can have sympathy. Your cold isn't ending. It's supposed to hit zero on Sunday here.

And the peeps are right. Winter is just starting. But it will end. Really it will. Hang in there!

Love the 8' shelving unit, that's great! A

And at least bunners isn't feeling any cold ;) Maybe some indigestion but definitely no cold! LOL!

XO Kelli

Shannon Lee said...

Hello Anonymous #1! Brad does have a blog (on vinyl records and music). If you are interested, reveal your identity, and I'll hook you up!

Kelli, Eli just told me about your well!! What a pain in the... cold. I'm glad a thaw is headed your way, soon.

I'll be thawed sometime in April... Having more than half the year in winter is not terribly appealing, but we can do it!

Anonymous said...

Oh Twofour, you poor poor starving bun! Hahaha! -Monique

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...