Sunday 17 February 2013

In A Tree

It's been over a month since I've posted, and lots of things have happened.

First, I think my brain, body and fingers froze in January, which explains the lack of postings... The darkness, and having perma -40 degrees for over a month made for an interesting and sluggish start to 2013.

Then, I had a glorious week in Orlando.  Oh.  So much to tell.  So, so, much... But I feel like I need to back up and take a running start.

So, I'm going to back up.  Waaaay up.

At the very beginning of my blog-- my first post, in fact-- I had a series of pictures from my family farewell before we drove across the country to move to Yellowknife.

In the past few days, one of my aunts asked for a photo from that day, which got me looking at the photos leading up to that particular photo. 
Let's explore the background story of the picture of my mom with her brother and sisters in a tree, shall we?

**All dialogue is paraphrased, completely made up, or otherwise totally accurate... I'm not sure, but it's what plays in my head when I look at this series of pictures.

Mio:  I've always wanted to take a family picture in this big old tree.  Wouldn't that be nice?

Kirk:  You want to be in a tree?  I'll put you in the tree! 
Kirk and Kamichio manage to stuff all of the sisters in a tree, except for Aunt Crunchie who smartly says that she will stand at the bottom. 
Lala:  Take the damn picture and get me out of this tree!  Now! 
Cheese! 
Asha photo bombs the photo session. 
Lala:  OK.  We're done.  Funny.  Get me out of this tree!
Lala:  Why are you all laughing?  I am stuck in a tree!  Get me down! 
Mio covers Lala's mouth.  Ha ha ha... I can't type what I imagined she might have said here. 
Romeo:  OK.  My beer... All the other men are standing around with beer, and I want one, too. Where did I put it?
Romeo:  Got it!

Lala:  GET ME OUT OF THIS TREE! 
Romeo:  Lala, it looks like you want to get out of that tree, eh? 
Kirk comes by to help with the lifting.

Dada gets down first.

Lala:  WHY AM I STILL IN THIS TREE? 
Kirk gets Mio next.

Lala:  Are you freakin' kidding me?  This was her idea!  GET ME DOWN! 
Lala gets out of the tree, and does not return. 
Nini prepares to fly out of the tree. 
It's a lunge! 
And, Nini sticks the landing!!

Phew.  Thanks for that, family.  My writer's block is unblocked.  Going waaay back sure does help to get the creative juices flowing. 

Next up:  Orlando.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This truly made me laugh out loud!!! -Monique

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...